Last Update: March 24, 2018
We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This document answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we're protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?As users of this website, you are asked to provide the following information:
- Your email address
- Your full name
- Your location
- Your institutional affiliations
- Lists of equipment and information about that equipment you own or are a custodian to
- Search terms
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use.
- What pages you visit on our site and what links you click on.
- Inquiry messages sent through QReserve are stored on our server in order to be delivered to their intended recipient.
How do you use this information?The reasons we collect this information from you are:
- To help identify you to users you contact through our site.
- To customize your user experience
- Generate statistics on site usage
- Provide personalized customer service
- Prevent abuse of the system and resources
Who do you share this information with?
QReserve is designed to be a public resource but we also understand some information may be sensitive. Therefore, QReserve shares only certain data publicly and keeps other data private. When editing a resource, you will see privacy labels next to each field.
This data is visible to any QReserve user including but not limited to website visitors, institutional administrators, partnering companies, and any other member of the public. QReserve may offer services to display this information in various formats with the understanding that it is available to any party through our search engine. QReserve is not obligated to provide this data except under terms agreed upon by both parties.
Semi-Private These fields are private to general users but public to your institution's administration if they subscribe to QReserve's asset tracking platform.
This data is only visible to site administrators and will not be shared with other parties unless permission is given.
We will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information within your account profile, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for the reasons outlined above.
How do I get more information?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
- Brandon Aubie
- 289-426-3217 x101
- Suite 413A-B, 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
- Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376
- Phone: (819) 994-5444
- Fax: (819) 994-5424
- TTY: (819) 994-6591
or by mail at:
- 30 Victoria Street
- Gatineau, Quebec
- K1A 1H3
or on the Web at: